Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Journey Begins


For years now people have been telling me that I need to share my story. I didn't ask to have a story, but life happens, and along with it came my story. So, 17 years into this journey of motherhood, I finally have decided that I will begin to write about the adventure that I call life. My preference is to sit with a friend, over lunch, and share our stories that way, but many people that are experiencing the life that I have lived are not able to meet for lunch. They are too busy caring for their child in a hospital, or advocating for their child in order to get the services they need. Or they are just too worn out and exhausted by the demands that life has given them. So, I will begin my blogging career with an invitation to all of those mothers out there, who need a shoulder to cry on, an older woman to seek advise from, or someone to listen to their worries and fears. I will share my story, along with the joys and sorrows I have faced. I will be honest, though at times it will hurt, and I will paint a true picture of life in our home. I do not do this for sympathy or accolades, but to help others know that they are not alone. There are many of us on this journey, and if I am able to bring encouragement and help along the way, then I am greatful for the time I have spent on this road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment